These cardboard coffins are manufactured in the East of England. Unlike many coffins which are either imported, or the materials are imported, Greenfield Creations source materials locally. This keeps their carbon footprint low. These cardboard coffins also cremate with lower carbon emissions than a standard chipboard coffin and are manufactured from corrugated cardboard.
Manufactured from corrugated cardboard
- Made from at least 70% post-consumer waste sourced from mills local to our supplier.
- Any new fibre / wood pulp is sourced from reputable sources which adhere to the forestry management and sustainability body FSC. They do not buy material from unidentified sources.
- Corn starch glues are used during construction and calico liners and natural rope handles (or cotton strap handles) are also available.
- Low resource manufacturing process and low emission levels when cremated.
- These biodegradable coffins are suitable for both burial and cremation services.
- Product and all materials are manufactured in the UK.
These cardboard coffins have been tested by the federation of British Cremation Authorities and also comply with the low emission levels set by the Government's Environmental Act.